Rape suspect arrested in Winchester

Published on January 23, 2013 by Admin

FALLBROOK – On Wednesday, Jan. 23, San Diego County Sheriff’s Detectives from the Fallbrook Substation arrested a man in a rape of an acquaintance that occurred on Jan. 13 in the Fallbrook area.

Detectives served a search warrant early Wednesday morning and arrested the suspect, 28-year-old Fidel Bernal, at his home in the 31000 block of Silex Court, Winchester in Riverside County. Bernal was transported back to San Diego County and booked into the Vista Detention Facility on rape charges.

His bail was set at $150,000. He will face a judge on Friday, Jan. 25 at 1:30 p.m. in Vista.

It is the policy of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department not to release the name of a rape victim.

10 Responses to Rape suspect arrested in Winchester

1. henslee motorsports Reply

January 23, 2013 at 7:48 pm

lock em up and throw away the key

2. IBAM Reply

January 23, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Keep him there, and yes, throw away the key if proven guilty.

3. Solid Truth Reply

January 23, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Stone him to death, there is a reason crime rate is low in other countries.

4. Preston Reply

January 24, 2013 at 8:32 am

Unfortunately, I don’t believe there will be any throwing away of the key because we have voted to rehabilitate sex offenders and give them the opportunity to re-offend over and over again.

5. Pooh Sticks Reply

January 24, 2013 at 11:40 am

BAIL?!?!?!

6. Whitefawnf Reply

January 24, 2013 at 8:27 pm

He does, not deserve bail! Nor rehab.

7. observant Reply

January 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm

It’s sad to see so many Village News commenters frothing at the mouth. At this point, the only thing this man deserves is a trial. Innocent until proven guilty.

8. Fallbrook residences Reply

January 26, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Well I know the family and the guy they are saying that raped this girl and all I got to say is he is pleading not guilty which I believe he is innocent!! But it will all come out in court anybody can say anything and destroy you in minutes. This so called girl. He raped well if you knew her you can plainly see its all lies but let the court Seattle it and show he is not guilty!!! This is simply someone mad and has to get revenge because of madness my last question is "why" did she wait two weeks before reporting it???

9. Past Fallbrook Res Reply

January 27, 2013 at 9:56 am

My life has been directly effected by someone very close to me being raped. So I agree in sentiment with the first posts. However.. I was also on a jury for a trial involving rape, and I’ve seen how first impressions can be wrong. He turned out to be innocent, and she had a history of accusing others of the same crime. I believe it’s best to let the courts sort it out. Ours is not a perfect system, but it’s by far and away the best. And if he’s guilty… Then he is a predator and should be dealt with as such.

10. Preston Reply

January 28, 2013 at 8:33 am

The comment I made (#4) was referring only to those that are guilty of the crime beyond any doubt and I apologize as I did not mean to insinuate that this person was guilty before his day in court. Few things could be worse than being accused of a crime you did not commit and the penalty for making such a false accusation should be very strict.