UPDATE: 19-year-old Fallbrook man arrested, charged in double stabbing

Published on April 9, 2014 by Debbie Ramsey

Detective Zach Harris, assigned to the Fallbrook Sheriff’s substation, has reported that a man has been arrested in connection with the double stabbing that took place in Fallbrook shortly after midnight today (Wed., April 9).

“This afternoon, the Fallbrook Crime Suppression Team and North County Gang Task Force arrested Francisco Perez, 19, of Fallbrook and booked him into the Vista Jail in connection with the stabbing incident involving two victims.”

According to the jail’s booking site, Perez has been charged with:

*One count of attempted murder

*Two counts of assault with a deadly weapon (not a firearm)

*One count of committing a felony while out on bail

*One count of participation in a criminal street gang

*One count of first degree burglary

(Previous story, Wed., April 9)

Two stabbed in Fallbrook; gang detective says incidents appear to be related

Authorities with the San Diego County Sheriff’s Dept. have reported that two adult males were stabbed in Fallbrook shortly after midnight today (Wed., April 9).

According to Detective Zach Harris, the Sheriff’s Dept. was notified when one victim was brought into the Fallbrook Hospital emergency room, and law enforcement radio activity indicated a link to another stabbing victim found in the

500 block of Womack Lane (off Old Stage Road).

“Both victims are receiving medical treatment for their injuries,” said Harris.

It appears both victims may have been sent on to an area trauma center.

“No suspects are in custody at this time,” said Harris, adding that the victims’ names are being withheld at this time due to the ongoing investigation.

Since the stabbings appear to be gang-related, the investigation is being handled by the Fallbrook Gang Investigations/Crime Suppression Team.

**Watch this site for updates on this case as they become available.**

61 Responses to UPDATE: 19-year-old Fallbrook man arrested, charged in double stabbing

1. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 9, 2014 at 8:00 am

Just coming here for a better life…

Shooting in Oceanside (homicide) Related?

2. Morry Stillwell Reply

April 9, 2014 at 8:36 am

The Fallbrook Gang Investigation/Crime Suppression Team? Signs of Gang activity all over the area and nothing is ever done about it.

3. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 9, 2014 at 9:09 am

Morry:

It helps if your law enforcement would admit Fallbrook has a serious gang problem but asdmitting it would prove that we need more resources than we currently receive, none.

4. Liveoakparker Reply

April 9, 2014 at 9:21 am

Why stop them. Let the gangs kill each other.

5. Freddy Reply

April 9, 2014 at 9:26 am

Not to be a "Wednesday Morning Quarterback" But if the Fallbrook police just kicked back in the known troubled areas instead of 7/11. Much of this garbage could be avoided. They would see these yahoos on the streets and be able to protect and serve much better. Just a thought.

6. Omen Reply

April 9, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Growing Up all My Life In San Diego (SHELLTOWN) Area Between Logan Heights/National City where there are Over 60 Known Gangs One thing is that although this might sound odd The Gangs have a pattern of a 5 year cycle crime progresses and then drops for 5 years I think due to some growing up a bit or being Deported, jailed,dead,handicapped or running from the law or other gangs. The Gang Violence also has a spike during spring break summer vacations etc. THAT IS WHEN THE GANG DETAIL OFFICERS NEED TO SPREAD OUT AND CRIPPLE THEM ALSO PEOPLE NEED TO GET INVOLVED FIGHT BACK DONT BE SCARED AND TURN THE OTHER WAY THIS IS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IF YOU GIVE UP IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO FIGHT BACK LATER. Get them when they are young and offer them other alternatives where I grew Up there were no community activities offered and times were tough no money parents hard at work not really able to keep a very close eye on kids. (My Advice for parents) Start with the way they dress and who they hang out with look for weapons inside the home and outside spy on them when they leave see if they go to a certain part of the yard or garage etc. when they leave possibly a drug or weapon hiding place. DONT BLAME IT ALL ON THE POLICE THE COMMUNITY HAS TO COME TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING TO REPORT IT. Once the violence starts its hard to completely stop it when another gang keeps coming in to get revenge or make a name for itself SICK SAD BUT TRUE THEY WILL ONLY BECOME 3 THINGS DEAD,LIFERS,HANDICAPPED ! IF NO ONE TRIES TO GET INVOLVED

7. omen Reply

April 9, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Forgive me Gangs are not Only Mexican Kids People don’t Think they are the only ones Black Kids,Asians,White Kids,Ethiopians Etc You Get The Picture also JOIN GANGS Don’t Try and filter that or you are In denial yourself AND THEY FIGHT AGAINST EACH OTHER THAT IS THE TOUGHER SIDE OF IT ALL IT DOES IS RUIN NEIGHBORHOODS AND KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE !

8. DR DR Reply

April 9, 2014 at 1:54 pm

@Omen – that is very good advise and information – thank you.

9. LRF Reply

April 9, 2014 at 2:19 pm

-Liveoakparker: “let’s the gangs kill each other”

Must I inform you not both parties were involved in gangs just the person who committed the stabbing; But wow, “let the gangs kill each other”… You’re not wise. That’s someone’s kids, brothers, sisters, etc.

10. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 9, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Omen:

Seems Mexican gangs is all there is, especially in the friendly barrio.

deport them all, send rthem back to "la grande cesspool" where they belong.

11. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Omen:

I lived on 29th and "K" no black gangs there just………….

Who you trying to fool?

La Raza spokeshole?

12. neighbor Reply

April 9, 2014 at 7:24 pm

First of all both participants were not in gangs. They guy !tabbed both adult males was, the two males were innocent guys that were sleeping in their beds! Their house was broken into. Learn facts before you speak

13. Liveoakparker Reply

April 10, 2014 at 12:39 am

#12 I find it hard to believe that 2 innocent men were sleeping in their beds and some gang banger came in and started stabbing them for no reason at all. they might have been sleeping at that time, But I bet that they knew each other, something happened to spark this. I don’t know what or when, and im not saying it was a good reason but thats not normal for a Hispanic gang banger.
    If the man arrested had a last name of Smith or Allen, I might believe your story. Because normally its a Caucasian that goes crazy and kills people for no reason.(the school shootings, Dahlmer, Manson, etc) and yes I am a Caucasian

14. omen Reply

April 10, 2014 at 6:26 am

Listen Up Ray(the real one) your comments are foul if you truly lived on 29th/K you must be blind. you racist comments are not ever going to help I’m not trying to fool anyone man just advising people to open their eyes is all . RELAX……

15. grunt Reply

April 10, 2014 at 7:00 am

Omen

16. OneLove Reply

April 10, 2014 at 10:26 am

Fallbrook is no longer a safe place to live. Constant gun shots (not from Camp Pendleton), gang members everywhere, murders, kidnappings..You can’t even let your kids go outside alone without fear of them getting hit by a stray bullet or getting stabbed. Either the police crack down on the illegal immigrants causing ALL of the problems and making this city a slum, or they will continue to stab innocent people and traffic their drugs into our city. GOOD LUCK FALLBROOK.. and good luck to everyone who stays.. Tijuana is safer that here.

17. Lee Reply

April 10, 2014 at 10:38 am

Greatest military ever known to mankind.

Man stabs two people.

Shocker.

18. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 10, 2014 at 11:23 am

Omen:

Than advise people truthfully. Has not snowed in Fallbrook since 1967, did on 04-09-2014.

19. FR86 Reply

April 10, 2014 at 11:52 am

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Sheriff’s Deputies could escort these creeps out of town like the old days……………You know, stop them on main street if they see them and they have no good reason to be here……..no wait that’s profiling.

Let me start over, won’t it be nice if the Sheriff’s Deputies could escort an ACLU lawyer out of town like the old days.

Seriously, if we’d stop being so accommodating to the rights of these gang banger creeps we’d all be better off.

FR86

20. omen Reply

April 10, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I just made a series of suggestions,tips and they did not post ????? grunt DR DR I will try to post it again but Look Up San Diego Gangs.com

21. Omen Reply

April 10, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Anyone that seriously wants Help in The Community Look Up "Lucky 2 Tears Morales" he is a man from San Diego that is trying to End Gang Violence and dedicates countless hours to help

22. @ #16 Reply

April 10, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Yeah, Fallbrook is really like you protrayed it… NOT. Tijuana safer than Fallbrook…NOT. You really know how to hype it up, don’t you? You sound like a fear monger. And I doubt this guy was doing someone elses work, sounds more like another bumb criminal (yes he’s Mex). Your comments can’t be taken seriously, like Lee’s when you have them on loop "just coming here for a better life", "dreamer", "too much cerveza"… loop, loop, loop. Some of these criminals are not even the first gen that arrived here, so your comments are null/void for these new generations.

23. @ #16 Reply

April 10, 2014 at 12:14 pm

second part was for comment 1.

24. omen Reply

April 10, 2014 at 1:54 pm

ALRIGHT THEN RAY (THE REAL ONE) What exactly is the strategy then send all Mexicans back to this cesspool as you put it ? COME ON MAN That Mentality is what starts violence to begin with Think before you state things like that. IM Coming at you IN PEACE. Only offering the Truth As I have seen many Friends Killed Gang Banging And No Matter who you are it Hurts on both sides to see a person ruin their Lives And Ruin Families Of Victims These Kids Think its cool to be surrounded By other gang bangers But When The Bullets Come They Have No Friends. The Violence Needs To STOP AGREED ???????????

25. Lee Reply

April 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm

How to alleviate gangs and gang violence? Gee, lets see now.

How to alleviate gang violence in a nation that has the greatest military-industrial complex ever known to man, where our government gives us the legal right to own a gun, where our government, the State of California, gives us the legal right to drink and drive, where women have the legal right to kill their unborn, where this nation was founded and built on slavery and racism, where we invade and bomb nations all over the world, where many families are broken with parents having to work two jobs just make ends meet, where social programs and services have been slashed creating "wild, wild west-you’re on your own, buddy" conditions, where violence is shown 24/7 on TV, where our politicians lie, cheat and deceive, where competition, division and hate are fostered through sports, where racism is alive and well (see some comments on most threads), and on and on the hate goes?

And YOU are now wondering why we, even here in Fallbrook, have gangs and gang violence?

Unreal.

26. Neighbor Reply

April 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I live on this street, and the people who’s house was broken into are always friendly and I have never had a problem with them or anyone else on the street for that matter. It’s typically a quiet street and many people use it to get from Old Stage to Fallbrook Street. I’ve never had a problem and I’ve lived in my same house for all 21 years of my life. I was coming home that night and there were 5 cop cars blocking my way home but the officers seemed to have everything under control. I come home late every once in a while and it was a bit scary seeing that many officers but like I said, being a 21 year old female I’ve never been scared to get home late and I never see any suspicious activity either. I always think it’s funny when people comment about how "unsafe" it is here. This is my hometown and everyone always seems to get off topic in these comments. I guess I live in the "barrio" but I feel safe in this town and I’ve never felt threatened to walk anywhere in town or be out late. Not every Mexican is a gun toting gang member. And not every "barrio" or town which is home to a mostly hispanics is unsafe. I would love to raise my kids here one day the only downside are all the uptight and rude people that live here, that I come across on this news site and constantly slander people and give this town a bad name.

27. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 10, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Omen:

I could spend a half an hour typing a response only to have it severely edited or not printed at all so I will give you a brief summary:

Enforce our laws.

That should about do it.

28. Pde Reply

April 10, 2014 at 11:17 pm

So when the bikers stabbed people on the freeway a few weeks ago nobody cared not even Ray. But when a Mexican does it everyone loses there heads

29. Pde Reply

April 10, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Do you ever here of a Mexican going in to schools shooting up the place? Or shooting up a theatre? Or creating a gang of pure hatred towards other races just because they think they’re superior? Nope.. Fallbrook Vfls has 200 documented gang members and out of 10000 non violent hard working Mexicans.. Of course the most crime rate comes from Hispanic because the gang is a Hispanic gang that only targets other Hispanic gangs such as vista.. So ray’s tactics are to make people believe that all the 10000 hardworking family loving Mexicans are just like the small portion of 200 to make people believe Mexicans are evil… Get the picture?

30. onthehill Reply

April 11, 2014 at 5:42 am

Take all the gangers i dont care what race creed color put them all on a island together and let them have it out with each other lets see how tough they will think they are then . send them over to battle it out with our enimies one on one the bangers are cowards

31. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 11, 2014 at 8:01 am

PDE:

I get really tired of explaining the John vs. Juan senerio, you figure it out.

32. Really? Reply

April 11, 2014 at 9:56 am

Just as I suspected, Assault knives! That

33. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 11, 2014 at 11:12 am

Really?

Take away the knives and issue out cans of Budweiser. At least they only kill themselves.

34. Val's Reply

April 11, 2014 at 11:30 am

Where’s all the cops when u need them at 7/11

35. Pink Reply

April 11, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Thanks for my laugh of the day "Really?" if your name hadn’t been on it, I would have sworn it was Lee…. LOL

36. @ Ray(the real one) Reply

April 11, 2014 at 1:56 pm

your always posting racist comments. I dont understand why you just dont keep your comments to yourself. Mexicans aren’t the only bad people in this world. Theres plenty of times where we hear about white blacks etc people committing crimes. So just do us all a favor and just don’t comment. Thanks have a great day!

37. Terry Leather Reply

April 11, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I have a confession to make…. My assault kitchen knives are unregistered.

38. in the past Reply

April 11, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I think Ray must’ve had a bad run-in with a hispanic at one time in his past. That much hate has a root somewhere. Maybe his girlfriend left him for a nice Mexican boy or something, and he never got over it.

39. To comment #16 Reply

April 11, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Illegal immigrants ?!?! Haha shut up seriously learn the facts you lack some serious knowledge

40. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 11, 2014 at 4:00 pm

@Ray:

Racist? Realist maybe. I realize that a cwertain group of people are prone to commit the majorirty of crimes. Maybe that is why or national prison systems resemble the Los Angeles Lakers or Team Mexico.

I realize that 70% of hispanics do not graduate high school and fail to advance to college. I realize that African Americans are a lost cause and after 350 years, they still can`t play the game.

I realize thast if you take two areas, same social economic status the same, one looks rundown but safe and the other resesembles a war zone.

I realize some have pride and others do not. Don`t shoot the messenger for telling the truth, realize it for yourself.

41. @Ray Reply

April 11, 2014 at 4:14 pm

@Ray:

I don`t have the time to find that certain grain of sand on a large beach, I live in the world of reality, a concept. Where do you live, Oz?

42. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 11, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Omen:

You say you used to live in Shell town? Explain to these folks what the west side of the 94 is like opposed to the east?

The difference between Shell town, Stockton as to Golden Hills…..

Common equasion? Moldy Frejoles…..

43. Hmm Reply

April 12, 2014 at 9:19 am

With this stabbing and one this week at a school..how long will it be before the administration puts a ban on knives?

44. Resident Reply

April 12, 2014 at 3:24 pm

It’s not the knives or guns, etc… it’s the lack of respect some people have for teachers, parents, law enforcement & life in general. There are no absolute morals anymore. Parents & teachers are not ‘allowed’ to discipline the kids anymore. Parents letting their kids be raised by TV & video games. Taking God out of schools & the parental training of youth over the past 2 decades has taken its’ toll. I know one of the victims of the stabbing & he is a nice hard working 21 yr old kid that lives & works with his dad & family,,, absolutely no gang affiliation & not a threat to anyone. His house was broken into & he was stabbed while sleeping,

45. @ray #40 Reply

April 13, 2014 at 9:40 am

I almost wasn’t going to comment because I don’t like to argue with uninformed people but let me enlighten you.

Many minority groups receive poor education because white people decided that they were the superior race and that nobody deserved that they had. White people came to the “America” when there were already people here. So how about we really get rid of all the immigrant, including you!

White people brutally killed the natives of this land! Racist white people brutally killed African Americans because of the color of their skin!

Then when it comes to our schools, pay attention to the news and see who rapes who! There are countless stories of white kids raping other kids. Or hazing other kids.

You ignore the crimes of the white race but spit out countless,hatred filled comments on minority races.

Instead of putting so much effort into making racist comments. We should all look into important issues, like our children’s education and how we could fix the education system. Maybe if we fix our education system children of ALL races will not grow up as criminals. Education is key!

MW

46. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 13, 2014 at 2:54 pm

@Ray:

Tired old line.

Yawn.

47. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 13, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Li-Berry cards ARE still free.

48. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 14, 2014 at 12:09 am

One thing I learned @Ray is NOT to use current ideals to judge past history or events. Approximately 165 years ago, slavery and it`s issues were legal and the law of the land. 200 years ago Europe reached it`s peak in their colinization period where lands were conquered by the strong, Portuguiese, Spanish, English, Dutch, etc.

Today`s values do not play a part in past history, you should know that, you seem educated.Using the MoveOn.org line as your point makes your statement emotional and not factual.

If I were to use the same logic, 1964 was the last time you could sleep with your doors unlocked, I remember those times very well than came civil rights or as I call it urban decay.

My previous comment stands.

49. Omen Reply

April 14, 2014 at 9:06 am

Ray (the real one) Like I said I surely didn’t come on here to get in to debates over racism Or A History Lesson or any of that BS some of you are taking this to a whole different level that you have issues with do I see it yes I do at times but I know what I have been through and have seen so much death and destruction that I laugh at some of the comments on here because we all know its easy to be a tough guy on a forum but in person most on here would be ON QUIET TIME ! Probably even you if you knew who I was. ITS BETTER TO TAKE THE HIGHER ROAD . I only came on here to shed light on the little gang problem they got going on. Yes there’s a difference form the East/WEST SIDE OF THE 94 But does it help to complain about or is it better to try and get involved in helping to clean it up. THOSE DIFFERENCES ARE IN EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD.

50. K.D. Reply

April 15, 2014 at 10:15 am

"Li-Berry cards ARE still free"

As a black person I can’t tell you enough how much I hate you.

51. Pink Reply

April 15, 2014 at 12:38 pm

@K.D. You are better off ignoring Ray. Racism is an ugly thing, so is hate.

52. Liveoakparker Reply

April 15, 2014 at 2:20 pm

#50 KD Come on – What is racist about saying "Li-Berry cards ARE still free"

I’m sure Ray wasn’t being racist. He just "kant spel"
    Pretty funny if you ask me

53. Lee Reply

April 15, 2014 at 4:12 pm

@ #50 K.D.

K.D., don’t hate Ray (the real one). Laugh at him. Why? The racism and hate are HIS, not yours. I would like to share with you one of two “credos” that life has taught me and that I try to live by everyday.

If you choose hate, you have chosen the instant gratification of the moment.
    If you choose love, you have chosen the spirit of infinity.
    ALWAYS choose love!

54. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 16, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Lee:

Being what type of person you are, you could say K.D. hates me because I am white. I am sure he has deep seeded feelings to make such a comment but I forgot, minorities can`t be racist, that`s reserved for whites only.

Me being racist, hardly, more of a realist.

K.D. Give you some information about me. I am white and most of my life, I had a hispanic last name so I went through life being hated by everyone. Let`s say I was hated more than you.

My step father was black so seeing his family, daughters on welfare with kids from different fathers, sons most of their lives in jail .All these actions, not for being black, just dumb so I have a pretty good insight on the black way of life, lived it.

Sister was hispanic so I understand how they think and my ex-wife was jewish so when I write about this stuff folks, let`s just say I have more experience in such issues, you don`t. so folks, if anyone needs to stifle opinions, it`s yours.

I graduated the college of life, not Fallbrook.

55. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

In addition….. My birth fathers family has nothing to do with me because of my past, even that schmuck spokeshole we see every day on TV speaking for obozo.

56. grunt Reply

April 16, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Some of the above makes sense; yes, blacks and Hispanic are over-represented in our prison systems. However, I (a minority here I think) believe that the welfare culture and affirmative action hurt minorities. The universities of California use AA to get black kids in college – (lets say Brekely) (thus implying that blacks are mentally inferior to whites) and brag how diverse they are – but go to graduation and see how many blacks made it out, thus proving the point blacks are mentally inferior. HOWEVER , had the black kid gone to San Diego State – where his HS work put him, he would graduate. Too many liberal whites act as tho blacks needed to be protected. Welfare pays a black mother to have more kids and punishes her for having a husband. The majority of black children are now born to unwed mothers- because too many liberals feel that they (blacks) can not be expected to "behave". Treat blacks and whites alike, stop excusing misbehavior at a young age and within one generation you will see a drop in the black crime rate. For Hispanics, pull the non-English speaking legal and citizens out of the main stream, teach them English for one year, then return them to school.. Regular school only in the English language, then like the Poles, Germans before them and Korean and Chinese after them, you will see a drop in there crime rate also., Treat people as people, not as a color.

57. Ray (the real one) Reply

April 16, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Grunt:

Martin Luther King once said…..

Don`t treat someone by the color of their skin but the content of their character.

Got to have character first.

Another old dittie…. Respect is earned, not given.

Nuff said.

58. Preston Reply

April 17, 2014 at 7:55 am

There is only one reason we live among Gang Members, Child Molesters, Rapists, and the like.
    We the people allow it.
    We do not require that our laws are enforced, we do not want to pay the price to lock up criminals and we simply are to apathetic to stand up and demand our embarrassingly corrupt government do their job.

59. Tanto Reply

April 17, 2014 at 9:05 am

Enough about Ray and Raycism! This is not the time!

Folks, it is time, as was with

60. @54 Reply

April 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Your experience with your “stand up” family still does not excuse your blanket Raycism.

61. JAS Reply

October 14, 2014 at 8:24 am

Here is my question, if they were both sleeping and I am assuming the lights were off. How could they see who was attacking them? Second, was there DNA, hair, knife that linked him to the scene. Was a weapon found with the victims’ blood? Third.. what was the motive? From this story, it appears his crime and arrest is because he is a documented gang associate. Id dislike to have some of you on a jury, FAIR TRIAL?